Thursday, December 27, 2012

Our Contributions to New Year Resolutions



It feels like just yesterday I asked the Village Shoes girls to write down their resolutions for 2012 so I can post a blog about 'em. I'd like to announce that I did a HORRIBLE job keeping my resolutions last year of eating healthier and saving money to travel. Like, it didn't happen. At all. In fact, I think my diet has worsened. I'm pretty sure I mostly ate pizza this year, but whatever. It tastes good. So, this year I think I'm going to set some fail-proof resolutions...

Amanda:
  • Convert Oxygen into Carbon Dioxide regularly.
  • Order more veggies on my pizza instead of just extra cheese and pepperoni.
  • Save money. (Actually try this year.)
Pretty realistic, right? I think my 2013 resolutions are going to be a cinch!

The other ladies at Village Shoes took a more serious approach to choosing theirs...

Jen:
  • Go to bed earlier.
  • Drink more water.
  • Make more time for singing.
Halle:
  • Save money out of each paycheck and stop using credit cards.
  • Move out of my little, tiny house into a more spacious home.
  • Edit my possessions...clothing, media, junk!
Stacey:
  • Continue to heal my body and make my health my first priority.
  • Enjoy life more and have more fun. Do things that bring about joy.
  • Meditate on a daily basis to bring about peace and relaxation in my life.
Cat:
  • Reacquaint myself with music. (Flute and piano)
  • Become a better tango dancer.
  • Get into better shape.

So, what do you resolve to do differently in 2013? How do you plan on spending New Year's Eve? Whether you plan on having a quiet night in, or intend to rage hard with friends, have a fantastic time! Wear your favorite shoes. Kiss the one you love. Dance in the street. Play your favorite song. Embrace the new beginning.

Lastly, to our wonderful customers, thank you so much for your support this year!


post by Amanda

2 comments:

Dreasimy said...

Last year I failed at doing my 'year of housecleaning' resolution somewhere mid January. I might try to do it again this year....

Thanks for the blog and emails, I appreciate getting them all year long. Happy new year!

~Catherine

Village Shoes said...

Haha! The key is not to set any extreme resolutions!

Glad you enjoy our emails and blog! I resolve to keep writing them for you!

-Amanda