Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Yoga? Really? Do I Have To?



Twice a week, the girls that I work with move the furniture in the store and have a yoga instructor come to help with their bendiness. The class is at 7:30 am and it’s quite known that I don’t even know my own name at 7:30 in the morning, let alone partake in any activities that involve anything but sleeping. I tried to talk them into a class that involves us lying on yoga mats in the ‘child’s pose’ for about two hours, but none of them seemed to keen on the idea. These people actually enjoy waking up at that hour and doing something good for themselves. I think these people are crazy. That being said, I have my own flavor of crazy going on, so why not join the circus? I shouldn’t knock it until I’ve tried it, so this Friday, I will set the alarm to go off at an ungodly hour, and I will schlep myself to class. I figure worst case scenario, I can put myself into a sitting pose and watch them work out while I snack on a Snickers and sip on an iced coffee.

I will report back on Monday to let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!


photo courtesy of lstock

post by Amanda

0 comments: