Saturday, July 30, 2011

The perfect summer treat without the guilt!


I knew when I started making my own Brazil Nut Milk to add to my morning coffee that I was fully committed to this vegan lifestyle. For years I loved half n half in my coffee, but nothing I found in the grocery store could replace it's creamy texture and beautiful blend with my rich, dark morning brew... until now. Once I conquered that battle, it became a breeze to change the way I ate. I am now, for the most part on a vegan plant based diet and have been for the past 8 months... and I feel better than ever!


How do you stay committed to a strict yet healthy eating plan without going crazy? Meet my new love: Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss. This yummy non dairy coconut milk wonder has me over the moon! Sweetened with agave syrup it has a low glycemic index which doesn't alter your blood sugar as much a sugar and it's super creamy texture will have your kid's asking, "Are you sure it's not ice cream?"

It's decadent treats like this once and a while that keeps me sane on this path to health and vitality. My favorite flavors so far are Pineapple Coconut and Hazelnut Chocolate Fudge. Grab a pint and let me know what you think! It's a perfect summertime treat. Find your bliss and enjoy!

- post by Stacey

0 comments: