Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fate, Family and Fluevogs

Hi everyone....


Spring has sprung, the birds are singing and the promise of a new future may be in the air... How are you all handling the future? That's a question I've been in thinking about a lot lately...

What plans can we realistically make?

What goals can we set?

How will I make what I want a reality?

oooh such big questions for a Sunday morning..but they're important, especially when deciding which footwear will take you the farthest!


First of all, today is Mother's day! and Happy Mother's Day to all of those brave souls who have decidedly more patience, love, humor, patience, strength, wisdom, bravery and patience than the rest of us!... Did I mention patience? Mom, may you always have the wind at your back and wings on your feet.


My husband's mom lives with us now, and she was quite the bombshell during her day. We have pictures of her in Tokyo beauty school in the 50's with sultry lips, perfect wavy black hair, a teensy waist and gorgeous white platform sandals. I ask her why she doesn't wear them now, and her eyes crinkle up, and she giggles for hours, waving her cane at me.... but that doesn't stop her from trying on my Fluevogs that I bring out for inspection.


My lovely Japanese 83 year old mother in law has now tried on 3 pairs of fluevogs, and admired her ankles in each pair. with comments like "ooooooh...Hai, those are nice."

I guess what life comes down to is making the best of the time you have! Don't worry about things you can't control, don't worry about the future.....it will take care of itself. Plan, but don't stress out yourself or those you love.

A wise book once said: "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

That sounds very Fluevogian! How appropriate....and may I suggest that you take some time to view the lovely new Fluevogs at my favorite Village? They have a new Qtee!! In GORGEOUS colors, and the lovely Erika!










Now aren't these just the ticket to take you straight into a glorious future! With these wonders on your feet, how can we not greet each day with a smile and a wink and firm handshake!

Love to you all, and by the way....

SEE you Next WEEKEND at the Sidewalk SALE! I am so there!

Jody

0 comments: