Saturday, November 01, 2008

There's no place like home....


especially if you can get there by clicking together your favorite ruby slippers!


What is it about red shoes??


They are the siren song of any true officianado (Ok..did I spell that right?...googling off..aff..uhhhh....AHHAH!) Aficionado: a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity. Also called, Devotee.
I love Google, almost as much as red shoes..but not quite! I think the craze started with the fabled, famed and longed loved "Ruby Slippers" from Wizard of OZ. Then it was honed when I did a book report on theredshoes in Junior high. Unfortunately the morality tale that Hans Christian Anderson intended was lost on me, and all it did was make me want red shoes.


Eventually my yen for shiny red shoes diminished in college, when the world was into Eddie Bauerish green, brown, denim and sensible suede boots. (i.e. the early 90's) Then around 5 years ago, I found ahem... Mr. Fluevog, and ever since I haven't been able to take my eyes off the best prettiest, shiniest, red, reddddist shoes. My favorite Village has several nice examples currently.

See!! Really! They do!




These beauties leave me with stars in my eyes, every time I see them. But then just recently I was surfing, as I am wont to do on occasion and I found these!! EEEEK...Wha? why? How on earth.....

Oh my. oh dear..... I'm speechless. Even though they are something I could or would absotively never wear..they are so vverry shiny and alluring. They remind me of that long ago fairy tale....I think I'm finally getting the moral of the story now. :-)

I think I'll stick with my Fluevogs!

Smiles, Jody

P.S. I've found the best Ruby slippers in the whole world! They are soooo adorable and guess what?? Made out of CHOCOLATE!! How much better can you get! They'd make fabulous party or wedding favors. http://www.rubyslippersspecialty.com/






0 comments: